View Single Post
Old 11-29-2010, 04:50 PM   #142
digital_steve
Muppet
digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoran View Post
In fact, you could have epubs.

I thought the kindle was locked down?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwipippa View Post
I played with one of these in Borders last week and really like it - much faster than the kobo. But yes, it is expensive. The new kobo hasn't even reached New Zealand yet.

The kindle appeals because Amazon seems to have a greater range of books for us in NZ - so many epubs are geographically restricted. I don't know how Amazon does it but for some reason I can buy through them but not epub retailers due to geographic restrictions. McCall Smith is a prime example (although he got caught up in the recent agency debate in the UK which didn't help). I cannot buy his books anywhere other than Amazon.

Anyway, I think I'll wait this one out and see what happens. There will be lots of changes in the next six months and I can't keep changing devices to try and keep up!
Yeah, i'm in Oz and geographic restrictions suck.
If there isn't something that meets all your needs (needs, not wants) on the market at the moment then just wait out and see what pops up.
My reasons for moving to a Sony are completely different, as i wanted different things.
There's nothing wrong with the Kobo at the moment, apart from trying to get information from the company regarding firmware and stuff... but if the reader itself is doing what you need at the moment then you're good to wait out for a new release product
digital_steve is offline   Reply With Quote