Thread: The Freeloaders
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2010, 08:14 PM   #13
DuncanWatson
Kindle Convert
DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Nook (all)
I have a large paper library that I would like to see in ebook format. For those books I am price sensitive. OTOH I buy a lot of fiction the moment it is released, I am eagerly awaiting a number of books. For those handful of authors and series I will happily pay even hardcover prices on release day.

I assume that others are similarly motivated. I doubt you get an ebook reader unless you are an avid reader. It is hard to be an avid reader and not get addicted to a series or two that is currently in progress. Once addicted I assume you are eagerly awaiting each release as I am. Books like that obviously have a different demand and therefore a different optimal price from the publisher's point of view. A few months after release the optimal price is obviously different since the demand, composed of those remaining interested, has changed.

Just my $0.02.
-Duncan