View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 10:40 PM   #1
Antoinekamel
Addict
Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ABC W p2
Talking How Kindle made me a better reader

Hello, dear readers.

This is a personal testimonial about how Kindle raised my reading experience to another level.

Some research somewhere published and commented, e-reading, even in e-ink, is 10% slower compared to reading in paper.

In my experience, however, the only thing I notice is: I retain more information from e-reading.

Reading in paper, I easily find myself with page numbers. It is something I’m used to since my life began. And, being able to remember the book position in page counting, I don’t mind about remembering the content because, after all, I know I’ll easily find the information opening it somewhere. Problem is, 99,9% of the time the books is not with me.

E-reading, I know I can’t go through easily, so, I remember the information, or, even more, exact words, because it is with word search that I find something in ebooks. Remembering any of this information for later consulting, I don’t need to consult, because the real thing is (needs to be) in my mind.

More:

Reading in paper, I need a pen to highlight, a dictionary etc. If I don’t have it, I don’t have the full experience. In bed, a nice reading position, I’m almost always without a pen, pencil, dictionary.

E-reading, I highlight, add notes and consulting meanings with my finger. More than wasting time, the time used with these things is time to the brain digesting what I’ve already read. That is, with paper reading, stopping the reading to digest, I do not have something to deepen it, I can only keep with eyes on the roof, touching paper. With e-reading, I can add a note, highlight, go through Oxford Dictionary.

Just a theory, or less, sharing my e-reading love. It takes more effort sometimes, but compensates me for it.

A testimony from a reading lover
Loving to be able to read many books anywhere,
Dark or light,
With my own finger adding notes and highlighting
With Kindle Paperwhite

(Thanks, Ixtab, for making it perfect.)

Last edited by Antoinekamel; 01-10-2013 at 01:46 AM. Reason: "Without" > "with"
Antoinekamel is offline   Reply With Quote