View Single Post
Old 09-17-2004, 01:18 PM   #3
hacker
Technology Mercenary
hacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with others

Device: Direct Neural Implant
It appears to be a GUI and a fetcher on top of GUTINDEX.ALL (which has been deprecated now in favor of the RDF output) and Pyrite, written by Rob Tillotson (n9mtb).

Hopefully they can update it to handle the current format of the Gutenberg archives. It looks like an up-and-coming promising tool, for those using text-only readers like zTXT and TombRaider.

I wish they would set up some mailing lists on their SourceForge project page however, I have several fixes for the 0.6.1 version, and some features I've quickly added to the local code here to make it a bit more "flexible", and it would be useful to discuss it with other users and developers.

Its a new project, so hopefully they'll enrich their project tools to cover these deficiencies in the near future.
hacker is offline   Reply With Quote