View Single Post
Old 05-25-2010, 10:55 AM   #1
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Conversion: EPUB to TXT

I've got an EPUB that is filled with paragraphs like this:
Code:
<p>Epiphany Sunday of the new year of 1801 had been on the fourth of
January, and the next Term for King's Bench trials had, therefore,
waited to open on the seventh, with all the theatre, majesty, and
circumstance of which England was capable.</p>
Notice that the "ofJanuary" has no space between "of" and "January," but it does have a new line (0x0A). The same thing happens after "therefore," and "and". As I understand it, the new line character is seen as white space, and that's a word separator, so the EPUB displays correctly, putting a space between those words, not a line break. However, the conversion to .txt format (and rtf) does not seem to do that. All the words at the line ends have the new line characters stripped, but they aren't replaced by spaces, so I see lots of two-words combined into one-word form.

Is there a setting to fix this? A bug?

Thanks.

Last edited by Starson17; 05-25-2010 at 11:30 AM.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote