Thread: Security.
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2009, 03:06 PM   #5
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruibittencourt View Post
Hello, I'm a brazilian publisher and I want to know if there is some format that I can publish e-books and it could not be copied. Can you help me please? Thanks.
Seriously, you will sell more books if you offer them in an open format, like ePub, than if you put restrictions all over them that excludes readers of specific formats. I think I speak for many of us who are loyal customers of online ebooksellers when I tell you that ease of access is what keeps us coming back for more.

On the other hand, I purchased a larger, more expensive book set from a seller who will remain nameless. I paid for the books, but they disappeared from my computer after about 3 weeks. I have never bought another book from them and discourage others from using them also.

So which would you rather do - take a chance on an open format to create loyal customers who return again and again, or restrict sales and alienate customers?
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote