View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 08:13 AM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonzling View Post
Hello everybody

I'd like to run an email-client on my KPW. Since I could'nt find any similar project, I thought of trying it by myself...

So, my idea was:
1. Compile and install Sylpheed 1.9.0 (since it uses GTK v1.2.6) http://sylpheed.sraoss.jp/sylpheed/v1.9/
2. Link it in /usr/share/webkit-1.0/pillow/debug_cmds.json
3. Profit

So I uploaded the install-directory, connected via putty to my KPW,, disabled write-protection, changed to my install-dir and tried ./configure...

The result was thus:
configure:2242: error: no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH

Any suggestions about what compiler to put where, to be found by the script?

Or was my plan just complete nuts?

Greetings

Oliver
An **Embedded** Linux (or other) system is NOT a complete system.
Besides not having documentation, it does not have the program development tools and libraries installed.

Installing them outside of the USB storage area will run out of space long before everything is there and in-place.

So your choices are:
Setup a native development system in the USB storage area -
Setup a native development system under emulation off-Kindle -
Setup a cross-compile development system off-Kindle -

Search twobob's recent threads, he does a lot of all of the above.
Including a GTK+ (and someday webkit) application environment that works "cross-Kindle".
Translation: Your e-mail client might "just work" if you follow his recent postings.

At this point - I will turn answering your question over to twobob.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote