View Single Post
Old 08-31-2012, 02:02 PM   #356
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by BombayMixx View Post
Blossom, I'm not even sure I can make it to the end of book 1, let alone use all of my patience to check out book 2! lol

It is a little scary that even the audio version doesn't help it though
Well the audio version was just fine till they changed pitch on the narrator's voice. She normally does children's book so she's read a bit energetic but I thought she did a great job before they messed her up. There's only so much you can do with the material given to you to read.

Last night I finished two books I really wanted to stop reading but seeing I bought them I made myself trudge through them.

One was the Officer Says I do. Those of you who grab this as a selection I can say skip it. This book was really a waste of my time. The writing is okay, it's just there's nothing happening in the book. Where is the conflict other than putting other people in a negative light that wasn't like her. It made the heroine look snobbish. I found the heroine selfish and just not likable. The hero seemed honor bound to stay with her because he was just so over the top nice! No alpha there. I can truly say this was the first romance I have read where I cringed at the sex scenes. They are just so awkwardly written and no chemistry between the two characters so I actually wanted to skim through them! The author used adjectives that are just not sexy and sometimes seemed to be used in the wrong context. This is not your typical military romance either. I will not be reading book two although I think Madison who is the next heroine was the best character out of the book.

Last edited by Blossom; 08-31-2012 at 02:07 PM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote