View Single Post
Old 08-15-2012, 09:47 AM   #70
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by qlob View Post
Sounds like the world really is against me. I just got into where my computer is, turned on the monitor, and realized that the uploading bar still said 0%. then, my computer crashed again, and now it can't find grub. My HDD does seem to be very hot. I'm going to let it cool down, and hope it's not ruined...
The HDD can get hot if it was "thrashing" (moving the read heads a lot due to cyclic cross-links created during in-place data recovery, if you did that). Data recovery can also create corrupted files if they were fragmented.

I suppose I need to unbox my new K3 soon to get a fresh image.

Last edited by geekmaster; 08-15-2012 at 09:57 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote