Thread: SSH Help
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2012, 03:58 AM   #52
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindl View Post
The latest USBNet (1.x) don't create ANY usbnet folder on root partition.
Anyways the \usbnet\* doesn't look like Linux path..

If I search for dropbear, I find dropbear executable in /usr/local/sbin/ and dropbear folder in /usr/local/etc
Putting authorized_keys in any of them doesn't make it work.
So the question is quite reasonable here. How to make it work on current USBNet on Kindle.
I can't say, haven't seen a USBnet marked or named (1.x)
The most recent one I have looked inside of myself was marked as: -0.35.N

The only thing I can think of for you to do is open up the update_*_install.bin package you used to install the USBnet package from and read the scripting to see what it did and/or expects to have done.

The "kindle_update_tool.py" script will decrypt that *.bin for you,
The usual tools will un-compress and un-archive the *.tgz file after decryption.

That python script has been included in every Jailbreak and USBnet package I have seen to date (under /src of the *.zip the packages are shipped in).
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote