View Single Post
Old 12-04-2007, 03:12 PM   #5
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360+, Huawei MP5, Libra H20
I wear my sunglasses at night so I can, So I can read ebooks

Welcome to Mobile Read Cattsittingstill. I am also relatively new hear. I am waiting for a mini eink reader. Alas, I also use a PDA to read my books: an ACER n311. It is great in the day. But, in the evening and at low light/dark I have the same problem: too bright and hurts my eyes. I spent hours looking for a solution on the net. I found the best and the most simple:

Sunglasses.

Funny: yet I do use sunglasses at night and it cuts down on the glare quite a lot. Oddly enuf, I never owned a pair of sunglasses until I bought my pocket pc... so now I only Wear my Sunglasses at Nite.....

TO Read Ebooks.

Hope that helps....

Quote:
Originally Posted by catsittingstill View Post
Thanks for the tip! My TX doesn't work quite the same way as the Palm models referenced in the article, but just knowing it might be possible to turn down the backlight (and that the icon was a sunburst) led me to explore the interface and find out how to do it on my model.

Alas, I already had the backlight turned down as far as it would go :-7

But thanks anyway.

Yes, I'm attracted to eInk for the backlight/eyestrain issue. One of the reasons I'm drooling over the Kindle. Plus I've loved the idea of eInk since I first heard about its ancestral prototype some 15 years ago--somehow this was the first I heard it was available in a mass produced device. I guess I just missed hearing about the Sony and Cybook (and iLiad?) readers.
hidari is offline   Reply With Quote