View Single Post
Old 03-28-2010, 04:38 PM   #79
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
Well, some of the examples you cite are a bit misleading. Firstly because the other two write mostly for humour, and the Potter books are more dark fantasy, and secondly because many of the quotes on the Harry Potter page are from the screenplays, which Rowling didn't write...

There is also the matter of personal opinion. I think you are mistaken in believing that there is a right answer and a wrong answer here and that you must make us see the right answer. People just have different tastes and opinions. Such is life. Personally, I found the Snicket books fun at first but with a sameness to them after awhile, and I think Pratchett can come across as trying a bit too hard to be clever sometimes (although I did enjoy the Death ones). Other people love those authors. Other people love the Harry Potter books. Some people like none of them. Where is the harm?
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote