View Single Post
Old 12-01-2006, 04:37 PM   #8
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by stxopher
Now I can get roughly 3,000 PDF pages (from the SD card) before it starts getting low. Just using the internal memory about gets about 6,000.

I've also noticed the bigger the card, the lower the battery life seems to be. The same PDFs on a 1gig card uses more juice than a 512meg card to go from start to finish. (But that could just be my unit.)

PDFs and other images (as opposed to text only) also seem to shorten read time.
Even if it is just your unit (which I doubt ), it's still very interesting. I s'pose it makes sense, since the card has to draw power from the Reader, and the internal memory is probably a lower drain ....
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote