View Single Post
Old 07-10-2013, 05:14 AM   #13
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
I quite agree with the OP.
Being able to tell where to put the files seams like a basic feature...

I made my own software, for now it's still epub only, but it does what I want it to do, it don't try to decide in my stead how to organize my files. As I developer, i'm used to software that jump when I say jump.

I mean to make it open source, someday, sometimes. Need a few bug fix, and some user-friendly install.

Quote:
Originally Posted by animedude01 View Post
Calibre is open source and if you don't like how it handles something, you're more than welcome to make changes or pay a programmer to make changes for you. Calibre is a book management system and there are reasons that it wants to manage its database a specific way.

If you don't like how Calibre works, feel free to use your own directory structure and use Calibre only to convert formats. You'll need a few extra steps, but then you can manage your books your own way.

Also rememember that Calibre is free and no one is forcing you to use it :-)
Trouble is, there is not much alternative.
As to making development, it was made clear by quite a few people here that they don't want calibre to be improved...

Last edited by EowynCarter; 07-10-2013 at 05:20 AM.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote