View Single Post
Old 08-13-2012, 03:57 PM   #16
g007
g007 began at the beginning.

Device: nexus 7
Errors sending books

Hi,

device: Nexus 7; OS: Mac OS X 10.6; Calibre version: 0.8.64; Wireless device connection: on; book type (on server): Epub; book type selected in Calibre Companion preferences: Epub, Mobi

I downloaded the beta and seemed to "connect" to Calibre fine.*

With the Content Server on as well, I get this error in Calibre when I "send to device"
calibre, version 0.8.64
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

ControlError(None,)

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 83, in run
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 478, in _upload_books
File "site-packages/calibre/devices/smart_device_app/driver.py", line 43, in _synchronizer
File "site-packages/calibre/devices/smart_device_app/driver.py", line 749, in upload_books
File "site-packages/calibre/devices/smart_device_app/driver.py", line 409, in _put_file
File "site-packages/calibre/devices/smart_device_app/driver.py", line 376, in _call_client
ControlError: <unprintable ControlError object>
-

Then I tried to send a single book to my device and got the following error:
-
2) after 'sending to device' when I look in the Calibre_Companion folder on my device, I can see the file I tried to send, with an ".epub" extension and a size supposedly of 200k
-
3) I can't successfully open the book on my device in any of the readers
  • Aldiko — "import failed" (when "import to Aldiko" was selected)
    Moon Reader+ — "Error. EOCD not found; not a Zip archive?"
    Mantano) — Opening document error "failed to open the document"
-
Note: I get the same errors whether I try to open the file within Calibre_Companion, thru the dialog box that pops up when I select the book, or from my file manager using "open with"
-
4) I tried selecting both a single book and multiple books and 'sending to device' — I got the above errors in Calibre and on my device both times. When I selected multiple books in Calibre, however, to "send to device" only one ended up on the device. I couldn't open the book (same errors as above), but the group of books I selected didn't arrive.
-
-
With the Content Server Off, I don't get the error in Calibre when I send a book to the device, however, I still can't open the book in any of those 3 readers, nor "import to Aldiko."
-

In Calibre, the books are checked green in the "on device" column ("main"). Lastly, after I uninstalled and reinstalled CComp, and tested two different books, the book I first tested still appears in CComp's list of books on my device, although it is not in the CComp folder (or any other folder).
-

What should I try/change?

Thanks,
~g

p.s. I thought CComp was going to make it possible to see (and manage) all the Calibre data associated with a title (tag, author, description, series, etc.) on my device, not simply sort and group — but I only seem to see the cover, author and title. Is there a way to highlight or select the book to see the rest of the data? (this may be an extraneous question when/if the errors listed above are resolved, but I wanted to make sure I understood the app properly)

Last edited by g007; 08-13-2012 at 04:23 PM.
g007 is offline   Reply With Quote