View Single Post
Old 08-15-2014, 07:56 AM   #10
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
there may be 2 sets of permissions, one in android one in dropbox,

when I was trying out different reader apps, I am sure I saw in one of them that it was restricted to epub and txt files, and maybe also limited to calibre folder.... checking.... it may have been mantano lite which I have since uninstalled.

you are right that C Cloud has full RW access & you say you've checked moon reader... So maybe it was only for Mantano that i saw it, but as I no longer have that or moon linked I cannot easily check. It could be that there's a a screen of info that you see once only , when you give the app permission to link

update: it was Mantano - whereas Moon says that it want full permissions ( on the link to dropbox screen ) Mantano says:
would like access to ebooks and txt fiiles in your dropbox I took "access " to mean permission to read, but I accept that it is ambiguous

Last edited by cybmole; 08-15-2014 at 08:04 AM.
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote