View Single Post
Old 06-12-2011, 03:57 AM   #6
CommonReader
Fanatic
CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, PRS-650, Vaio Tap 11, iPad Mini
Apart from the other issues raised in this post I do wonder if private reading is indeed such a "recent" phenomenon. I seem to recall that wealthy Romans did have private studies in ancient times and so did to my knowledge the ancient Chinese. It is no surprise that in Europe private reading started at the time when books became affordable thanks to book printing.
CommonReader is offline   Reply With Quote