View Single Post
Old 01-03-2008, 10:20 AM   #8
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by screenreader View Post
To turn jpgs into mobipocket format: I don't know what I am doing wrong, but when I start reading, pages are shown very small, like thumbnails, making it impossible to read.
It may be the case that your JPEGs are being turned into 64KB GIFs, and shrunk in size in the process. If you use MobiPocket Creator, you have to turn on the JPEG option to prevent this and with mobigen.exe you need to use -jpeg. Another option is to use the html2mobi Perl script.

It would be useful to have an "optimal" manga2mobi procedure, which would be applicable to multiple device types. This might not be very hard to add to the Mobiperl suite (once there is a fully tested approach to implement), although I hate to burden tompe with yet another major upgrade request.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote