Thread: Arc Kobo Arc
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 08:13 AM   #208
Kobo-Robin
Kobo Arc - Ux Lead
Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kobo-Robin can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Arc
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevov View Post
iirc Adobe stopped supporting flash on android after 4.0.xxx not google. i think they actually stopped after Honeycomb.the ability to run flash was always one of androids claims to fame because apple wouldn't. As i have already said flash works fine on 4.0.4 except it seems on Kobo but the problem may lie in the newness of the arc. after doing some checking i should have no problem loading flash but only because it's already in my google account as an existing app from before august. again i would ask someone to sideload the flash link ending in 34 as this was the last update for flash on 4.0.4. please make sure you uninstall all previous flash installs beforehand.

i can see your point but at the end of the day one thread with many questions or many threads of one question all have the same requirement.
Answers.This thread started with the question, "where are all my Arc people",
can we ask where are all our Kobo people. This is a new product and as good as it appears to be there is surprisingly very little information available on it and this forum is the only real place of conversation about it. the people who do have it are trying to answer as best they can considering they are still learning it themselves.If the employees taking part at the moment are only able to as time permits due to other responsibilities then perhaps Kobo needs to look at having a dedicated team to monitor and respond to questions on various forums especially in the early adoption period.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1912330
the one thread i found on XDA which iirc is the biggest forum for mobile platforms.
i'm actually looking forward to what the future brings for the Arc as its owner Rakuten wll be looking to it to be the answer to Amazons Kindle HD.
I am here. But in all honesty I can't answer everything.

When someone asks 'How do i turn off discovery' i respond you can't. I am not going to engage in multiple threads about why it sucks or not.

I cannot help people having connection problems with windows. I am not customer service, I don't even have a PC to replicate the issues.

What I can do is talk to users and answer questions about the product and take notes on how people would like to see Tapestries evolve.

JD has been great in helping users on this forum and I applaud all of that work. That said, there has been times where I have stepped in to clarify some points.

Again, we are here as users and fans of Kobo. We are in no way being asked to do this.

I hope people understand.
Kobo-Robin is offline   Reply With Quote