View Single Post
Old 03-31-2013, 01:01 AM   #23
Andrew H.
Grand Master of Flowers
Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Kindle 3 (aka Keyboard), iPhone, iPad 3 (not for reading)
I listen to a lot of audiobooks, but it did a little practice for me to get into them. But I don't use them like I use books: I have a hard time just sitting and listening, so I pretty much only listen to them when I'm doing something else. If I want a quiet night at home, I'll read.

I also find that a few books don't work as well as audiobooks, in part because I might be distracted, but also, I think, because it can be harder to catch things when they are spoken. Nonfiction about science doesn't work well in audiobooks, for example (IMO), but biographies and history work very well.

Complicated fiction is difficult in audiobook format because there's not an easy way to flip back and check something - a particular problem for books with a lot of characters.
Andrew H. is offline   Reply With Quote