Thread: 360 striped screen?
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 09:59 AM   #23
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedd View Post
But tell me - your 360 is simply not usable, or you just think it's not long for this world?
more like the latter: at the moment is still usable, but at every page turn I run the risk of not being able to read. Sometimes the stripes are predominantly clear, sometimes they are predominantly dark, and in the latter case reading is almost impossible, and very tiring - so travelling with it for a few days is not a great option, as I could be left with nothing. I am extremely disappointed, but there you go.

I've discovered that the Kobo mini (which, incidentally, is smaller than the PB360) can be opened up and the internal card substituted with one up to 32GB, so that the lack of micro SD slot can be circumvented. Good to know that is an option, and I hope my 360 survives a little bit longer, but before I sent it in was so bad as to make it unusable, so I suspect that with regular use it will die on me in the next couple of days.

Best of luck with yours, hope the problems keeps off it!
paola is offline   Reply With Quote