Thread: Converted PDF
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 05:08 PM   #2
Uschiekid
Tenrec
Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by bar1 View Post
Hi,

This has been mentioned in an old thread with no solution.
I would like to read books from http://mendele.co.il/ on my kobo touch (ebooks in hebrew).

It seems as if the kobo touch does not support hebrew, so i converted the epub to PDF.
The book works fine and i started reading it, good book, however from page 20 to page 50 it was showing blank pages . is there a solution to this problem?
same thing happens with a diffrent ebook.

If i read the PDF on my PC ot works fine.

This makes my kobo useless as i was hoping to read hebrew books on it.

thanks,
Bar1
not a solution to the pdf problem, but did you try changing the font (or adding your own font) on the epub .....i know many fonts don't support other languages, but if you get the right font, they do.
if its the right-to-left that you think is the problem rather than font, i'm not an expert, but japanese also writes right-to-left (although in that case it is vertical, not horizontal script) and that works on my kobo....
i would go back to the epub for now and try to fix that issue.
Uschiekid is offline   Reply With Quote