View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 07:40 AM   #23
markino
Connoisseur
markino is that somebody.markino is that somebody.markino is that somebody.markino is that somebody.markino is that somebody.markino is that somebody.markino is that somebody.markino is that somebody.markino is that somebody.markino is that somebody.markino is that somebody.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0x55 View Post
Move the Extras button to the panel that comes up before Settings (the one with date, battery status, sync, etc).
I would probably second this - although I think Kobo deliberately buried the Extras to the Settings menu to support their assertion that these are unsupported features.

I'd like to throw in a related suggestion for discussion, one for which some of the coding work might already have been done:

I was reading something last night about the Kobo app (I think for iOS) - apparently if you touch on a word, as well as bringing up the dictionary entry the app will also bring up top search responses from Wikipedia and Google.

I can think of situations where this might be useful, and it wouldn't affect the reading experience. If Wifi is turned off, there could just be a button instead which would both turn on Wifi and do the search.

A given search entry could then be displayed text-only in the reader itself (using it's HTML support) rather than the user hanging about while the browser loads.
markino is offline   Reply With Quote