View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 06:58 PM   #59
leroy hacker
leroy hacker began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
The latest versions of the Fonts Hack do support tweaking the fonts in KF8 files .
Are you talking about the hack described here?
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88004

Am I right in understanding that there's no way to accomplish what I want without modifying the firmware? I liked that the old trick I used just required modifying a text file and copying the font files into the right place.

Quote:
But, before you embark on that path, you might want to check the styling of your book, there's a 'feature' (hint: it worked fine on older KF8 renderer (Touch)) where some font* styling directives are followed, even when they're stupid, preventing the Kindle from switching fonts, and falling back to the default system sans/sans-serif/mono families. (A quick search here & in the mobi forum might reveal more details about that, I never bothered to try to fix it myself, but I do have several books displaying this behavior ).
That shouldn't be the issue in the books I've tested so far as I customized the styling for those and didn't include any font directions. The only way it could have happened is if calibre added font stylings when converting from epub to azw3.
leroy hacker is offline   Reply With Quote