View Single Post
Old 10-05-2011, 12:00 PM   #8
joepie
Zealot
joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.joepie got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Inkpad 3 -> Onyx Boox Nova 3
I've noticed the speed increase as well, although it isn't stellar. Page turns just seem that bit smoother and faster, so it's quite enjoyable.

I must admit to be a light-user - ereaderwise - and only use the PB302 to read epubs and sometimes pdfs and .doc files. I don't do any notetaking, and use the standard Adobe Viewer most of the time.

As such, I've noticed that .doc and .rtf and .html files don't work in this version, but I can live with that for a couple of months. Hopefully a RC2 or final release will be released before then.

What I like about the RC is that the SD card reader seems to work properly 99% of the time, and doesn't corrupt the FAT anymore. At least I can use the SD now, even with a low class sd card. Pocketbook must have tweaked the timing on the SD card reader.

If the next version would take longer than 2 months to launch, or if I run into some bugs, I will consider to revert.

Last edited by joepie; 10-05-2011 at 02:48 PM. Reason: typos
joepie is offline   Reply With Quote