View Single Post
Old 08-25-2012, 11:49 AM   #15
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member
Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Archos, Asus, HP, Lenovo, Nexus and Samsung tablets in 7,8 and 10"
Quote:
Originally Posted by dura View Post
The problem imo is not in the first place the resolution (roughly on par with 6 inch e-ink readers, generally at 600x800) but the narrow 16;9 screen (in contrast to the much more pelasant 4:3 of most e-ink screens). My favorite, the note has a 16;10 screen btw, just acceptable when the marges are set to 0.
Just ran across a site that shows the screen to be 897X540 (5:3 aspect ratio). As it turns out a 5.8 inch diagonal screen would be right at 5 by 3 inch sides. My Galaxy Player 5.0 (same aspect ratio) is on the verge of being my ideal tablet. The 5.8 should hit the sweet spot. I won't bore you with why I think an added 0.4" screen width is important.

**EDIT**
I checked out the specs of the Note and found a 1280X800 screen (8:5 aspect ratio): Here is a list of the screen widths of the three in question:
GP5.0----2.573 + 0.236 =
G Note---2.809 + 0.175 =
GP5.8----2.984
**END EDIT**

Here's the link:
http://glbenchmark.com/phonedetails....stgroup=system

Regards - John

Last edited by Jabby; 08-25-2012 at 12:14 PM. Reason: Added info
Jabby is offline   Reply With Quote