View Single Post
Old 11-20-2007, 07:54 PM   #31
tsgreer
Lovin' the e-book life...
tsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with others

Device: Ebookwise 1150, Sony PRS-505, Amazon Kindle, BeBook (with OpenInkpot)
My experiences are the same as the others. Sleek and fast--I like it so far. The only thing is that I don't think the mobipocket formatting is as good as the formatting I got using html2lrf. And I am not overly fond of the the default font of the Kindle.

But I have only had it for an hour or so, so still playing. I do think that my Sony Reader is going to be collecting dust now as I enjoy the extras with this Kindle way better. And this is just out of the box! I am assuming their will be updates, hacks and tricks in the future.

The cover is a pretty odd thing though. It doesn't seem to be made to really protect the reader that much, but then you can't really read the reader while it's in it's case either. Seems more to protect it from scratching and whatnot. I also think the Kindle looks way better in real life that pictures. But then again, I didn't hate the picture like everyone else did...
tsgreer is offline   Reply With Quote