View Single Post
Old 07-02-2012, 11:51 AM   #206
mclien
42, the answer
mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Pocketbook 603
Quote:
Originally Posted by spindlegirl View Post
I wish that DRM removal could be obvious for Linux users. I've found some work arounds under wine, but I find that blog that we're all supposed to google confusing, which leads to dead links, and simply saying "Linux users will find it easy to change the code to plug in"... well, no.
I think there is some more detailed part in the README. (the plugin way for calibre doesn't work, though).
But basicly I'm with you. (debian user, too). What is more annoyence to come is, that in near future we won't be able to buy books without windows, because Adope DRM will not work using wine in the future (some DOT.net stuff or some shit, I forgot).
I also hate the way publishers try to force printet book ways to digital media. Just ridicules!
Maybe publishers should become obsolete:
An author publishes everything on her/his side for "free" download next to a donate button. I download a book and pay a small amount for that (3$ would be more than double a author gets normally for a book). Then I read it. In case I like it I WILL donate the next amount. I read it a few month/ years later and enjoy it again? Well, I'll most likely will pay the next amount.
I will make the book a birthday gift? I'll put it on a D Card/ send it via mail... whatever and donate again.
(OK call me a dreamer. But maybe there are enought people of my kind out there to make a living for some authors that way)
mclien is offline   Reply With Quote