View Single Post
Old 06-12-2011, 07:46 PM   #25
elemenoP
Wizard
elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony 650
Something strange is happening to me. There are classics I loved as a young adult, read in school or outside of school, but all the classics I've tried as a... not so young adult (including some re-reads) I have not enjoyed very much. I don't know why this is. I finished East of Eden recently and I got nothing out of it, even though I loved Grapes of Wrath and Of Mice and Men (both of which I read when I was around 21 or so).

For my one classic, I guess I will say To Kill a Mockingbird, which I loved as a young adult and I would like to re-read it. But now I'm afraid to, for fear I won't like it!

eP
elemenoP is offline   Reply With Quote