View Single Post
Old 12-31-2010, 03:28 PM   #162
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
Sounds intriguing, what is the use case for this feature chaley that you had in mind? Obviously users have custom columns, which have the advantage of being viewable within the library and able to be searched etc. So what sort of data might a user want to store with a book that isn't readily visible?
GRiker is doing a plugin that needed per-book storage. I am not sure what it does. However, I volunteered some time back (in this thread)to build such a thing, and he took me up on it.
Quote:
Now this sounds like you might have seen my post wish list for the "Show in tag viewer" plug-in As you have done all the hard work are you going to finish the job and write the plug-in too?
Nope.

The API is used in the newest release, but not in a way that replaces the plugin. There is now a 'find' box on the top of the tag browser that is used to search/filter the tags. There isn't a way to do the search directly from the library view, which is what I imagine the plugin would do.

This is in addition to multi-level categories, also in the next release. You can tell calibre to subdivide a category by first letter or by partitioning it into fixed-sized blocks. For partitioned display, the labels are under your control via a tweak -- the default is the first 4 letters of the first item and the first 4 letters of the last item, as in 'Adam - Flin'. You also have control of the number of items in a partition.