View Single Post
Old 03-27-2024, 04:02 PM   #76
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
And you don't keep a record of any settings you have modified as a backup?

When I moved to my new computer last year, I decided that if I hadn't used a program in 6 months, it was not re-installed. For calibre rather than doing an export/import. I went through my notes, used the settings I had recorded, installed the plugins that I currently use, copied my libraries to an external hard drive and imported them into calibre. This took me about an hour and went without issue. Much the same for the other programs I decided to install. I considered this as a chance to get rid of the crud that had been accumulating with programs that I installed and no longer use.

And yes, I realize that it's probably a small number of people who have my habit of documenting almost everything I do on the computer. I learned my lessons about documentation decades ago and they have stuck with me.
That is a really good idea to document your settings.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote