View Single Post
Old 03-28-2013, 10:32 PM   #142
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Thanks for the kind words. If you enable automatic orientation in your system configuration, then you can change the orientation just by rotating the device the way you want it. There's no need to do it via the menu. That's the way I use it, and I love it that way. Using a button as a shortcut is problematic because there just aren't that many free ones (maybe none at this point). I think a touchscreen gesture would be good for such an action, especially for the new Touch device which hardly has any buttons and no G-sensor, but I don't have any code to handle general gestures. I plan on looking into it more some day, but my plate is full with other things to do these days.

As far as the contrast/brightness goes, that's not a bad idea. I'll look into it, but it may be a while before it shows up here. Note that I can't actually change the brightness/contrast of the display; all I can do is affect the value each pixel is set at. The black pixels won't be any blacker, and the white pixels won't be any whiter. The feature may be less useful than first imagined.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote