View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 10:37 AM   #8
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by fish99 View Post
Guess I'll have to wait for 2.4.0 and see if that helps, or just restart my Glo every hour. It could still be a dodgy epub (the Glo and Touch have the same books on them), but I don't know any way of testing them. If definitely feels like a software problem, rather than the touchscreen itself.
I read an epub for just under 4 hours without leaving the book or letting the Glo sleep and had no problem with page turn speed or touchscreen response, this is with firmware 2.4.0.

One thing you might try is paging through a book that has caused problems to see whether it is the number of page turns or the time with the book open that causes the slow down. If it slows down just as a result of paging through the book then others could quickly test that book. (As a part of a battery test I paged through an epub version of War and Peace without any problems while running firmware 2.3.2.)
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote