View Single Post
Old 08-21-2008, 02:21 PM   #7
TopKnot
TopKnot began at the beginning.

Device: looking
Thanks for the input, TexasNightOwl. I'll definitely be using FLAG and/or DeFFNetizer. That will make reading them very simple in and of itself, since on my computer screen i have to make the font so big that often, the Next Chapter button is off the screen. For some reason, paper is just SO much easier to read (it may be the astigmatism - I have -3.0, so we're in the same boat; with -10 nearsighted).

And HarryT, thank you very much for your input. I think you've pretty much made a good case for the CyBook, and I think that will be my choice. Of course, things can change between now and when I actually have saved up enough to buy it, but it does seem to beat out the Sony (12 font sizes, especially. Wow!)

I even checked the dimensions on Bookeen's site, and it will fit in my pocket! It's perfect. (I think the Sony would to, but still 12 font sizes.)

Thanks for all your help. I'll be in the shadows, lurking like before, until I have something worthwhile to say.

EDIT : Sorry, i thought of another question. I've been watching some of the CyBook videos, and it seems to show a collection of buttons on the edges of the device - what do these do?

The main reason I'm asking is because I really see myself using this like I read a paperback, with my palm on the back of the book/reader, fingers curling around the side (usually the right side, since I'm right handed, and thus I read with my off-hand). Would those buttons on the right side possibly be next/prev page buttons? That would be the PERFECT setup.

Thanks again!

Last edited by TopKnot; 08-21-2008 at 02:29 PM. Reason: Thought of another question
TopKnot is offline   Reply With Quote