View Single Post
Old 05-09-2009, 08:53 AM   #7
Lilly
Guru
Lilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-900 & PRS-950, Amazon Kindle2
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirbruce View Post
Well it's definitely a flaw in their procedure. However, they're already set up to assume that everyone should have Whispernet access, and avoid selling to people who do not. So while year, if I were in the company, I'd point out the potential problem in advance and make sure Kindle deregistration was part of the procedure, I can also easily see how this issue was ignored because it shouldn't happen in the first place.

You might try submitting your tale to consumerist.com. It might generate attention from Amazon who might be able to give you some partial satisfaction.
That's not true about the Whispernet access; I have a friend that lives 6 month of each year in the North Georgia Mountains and she does not have Whispernet (Sprint does not work up there). There are a lot of people in the US that don't have whispernet coverage.
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote