View Single Post
Old 03-28-2012, 03:16 AM   #6
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, Kobo Touch
I doubt that the advertising is going to be removed.

At this stage I have not updated to 1.9.17 because of the reports of margin problems in it (see thread on this). I am coping with the new layout by using the Shortlist option at the bottom of the Home page, but of course the annoying thing is that if I do a search for an author or book title, the Kobo throws up all the stuff they want me to buy.

I find it very annoying and have no intention of buying any of their recommendations or new releases. (They are pretty ludicrous in most cases.) However at this stage I haven't been annoyed enough to go back to 1.9.14 - I just pick a number of books from my Library, put them on the Shortlist, and read my way through them.

I would not recommend the Kobo Touch to others now that it is pushing books in this way.
Bookpossum is offline   Reply With Quote