View Single Post
Old 06-24-2010, 10:14 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcarlozzi View Post
I've used Karen's Replicator software to copy additional books in my Calibre folder from one computer to another computer, but the Calibre software interface on the other computer is not reading the books from the replicated folder.

The books are in the folder itself but not appearing in the Calibre interface. How do I get Calibre to read the additional books from the other computer?
All of the info on books is held in the metadata.db file. Just placing books in the calibre library won't work. If you want to move some books from one calibre library to another one way is to select the books you want to move and export them via the save to disk feature. Then they need to be imported into the other library via the add books feature.

The following procedure will let you copy select books from your Calibre library and add all of those books along with all covers and metadata that currently exist for those books to a different library.

1. Go to Preferences - Add/Save - Saving books tab
2. Ensure that the following are checked.
Save cover separately
Update metadata in saved copy
Save metadata in OPF file
3. Click OK
4. Quit Calibre, control-Q or right click on system tray and select quit.
5. Start Calibre.
6. In your calibre library select all books you wish to copy to the other libray.
7. Select Save to Disk, create a new directory to export these books to, click OK.
Calibre is now exporting all the files you selected and any metadata or covers that you have updated/added.
8. Take that directory full of books to your second computer.
9. Start calibre.
10. Click on the drop down arrow next to the Add Books icon (top left) select Adding books from directories, including sub directories (multiple books per directory, assumes every ebook file is a different book) now select the directory you previously exported/saved to disk your books to.
Calibre is now restoring all your backed up books. This could take a while. Wait for it to finish.
I hope this helps.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 06-24-2010 at 11:27 PM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote