View Single Post
Old 05-05-2010, 03:15 PM   #15
calvin-c
Guru
calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moon+ Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by starrigger View Post
I doubt that that's entirely true. I don't think they would have troubled to stand the publishing industry on its head over the pricing model if they didn't want to sell books. (I don't think even Jobs has that big an ego.)

But they might have discovered that it's harder than they think to set up a really good bookstore.
I suspect you're wrong about the ego. Can't remember the source but I remember reading a quote from Larry Ellison comparing his attitude with Steve Job's. Since I can't quote it exactly I'll paraphrase-Ellison said something like:

I want the best the world has to offer-but for Steve, that's not good enough.
calvin-c is offline   Reply With Quote