View Single Post
Old 05-05-2014, 11:39 PM   #770
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
The screen is currently the best available, and is likely to remain among the best for a time.
Unless perhaps they release a Carta version using the Regal waveform?

Quote:
But the software is a different story, the readers (even to some little extent, the Kobo software) can and are being upgraded all the time. The AuraHD that I have now is a much improved ereader from what I received from Kobo initially. The KOreader builds have implemented a steady improvement and expansion in functionality and continues to do so. The Kobo Start Menu provides a startup user interface with options that I find much more useful than the Nickel UI that Kobo provided.
This assumes one is able to/wants to hack their device to add KOreader, or other software. The Kobo built firmware hasn't really improved much IMO since the Aura HD came out although there have been plenty of versions. It goes forwards a step sometimes and backwards a step at other times.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote