View Single Post
Old 10-30-2012, 10:39 AM   #108
Daithi
Publishers are evil!
Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Kindles
I'd like to point out one of the advantages of the Nexus 7 and 10. I already have a Nexus phone, and it only costs me $30 a month for unlimited 4G data access. One of the options on the phone is to setup a WiFi hotspot, and you can then tether your tablet to this WiFi hotspot and get blazing fast internet speeds. This kind of tethering may work with other devices as well, but with the Android operating system it is pretty easy to setup.

Another advantage of the Nexus is the Android operating system itself. On my phone, I get updates to the operating system as soon as Google releases them (the same would apply to Nexus tablets). For example, when Google went from Ice Cream Sandwich to Jelly Bean it just magically appeared, and all of the sudden I could start using the Google Now features -- you can ask questions like you can with Apple's Siri, and you can get cards with commonly needed info like traffic delays, sports scores, restaurant reviews when your outside a restaurant, etc.

I'm looking forward to the Nexus 10, because a 7" tablet is just too small for some websites and magazines. Also, I prefer to have a larger screen for things like watching videos and playing games. For reading books without images, I still prefer a plain old eInk 6" Kindle 3.
Daithi is offline   Reply With Quote