View Single Post
Old 06-04-2010, 04:48 AM   #6
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
While I like the device (and the buttons ) as a (former) Business Management student I'm worried about the strategic consequences of this device. Don't get me wrong: I love the idea of a big, cheap e-Ink device. If the price is attractive enough I could even try and get it.

However, we're talking of Pocketbook, a brand known for its quality software which makes people pay a "premium" for their devices: PB360 is the most expensive of 5 inch devices and the 301+ is more expensive than the other Netronix clones. Doesn't it go against their market positioning if they release the cheapest and most no-frills model in another market segment?
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote