View Single Post
Old 04-27-2010, 04:39 PM   #4
GlennD
Wizard
GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS350, iPhone, iPad
The fact that the finder of the phone sold it for $5000 tells me he had a good idea of what he had, and brings into question (in my mind) that he tried all that hard to return it.

I have a hard time believing that Chen forked over $5000 for an iphone thinking that he was operating in good faith.

Quote:
"Under a California law dating back to 1872, any person who finds lost property and knows who the owner is likely to be but "appropriates such property to his own use" is guilty of theft. If the value of the property exceeds $400, more serious charges of grand theft can be filed. In addition, a second state law says that any person who knowingly receives property that has been obtained illegally can be imprisoned for up to one year. "
Source at CNet

Under that law, it's pretty clear that it's "stolen property" to me. But that's why they pay lawyers to fight about these things in court.
GlennD is offline   Reply With Quote