View Single Post
Old 04-07-2009, 02:57 AM   #37
pwjone1
Bookie
pwjone1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwjone1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwjone1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwjone1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwjone1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwjone1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwjone1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwjone1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwjone1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwjone1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwjone1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Interesting problem. I cannot say as I've ever gamed Amazon, and I'm pretty careful to research the products before ordering, so I also cannot say as I've ever much returned items, but I can sympathize, I have one relative that returns a lot, so I'm sitting here wondering if I should switch gifts to her to another supplier from here on in.

Which anyway, led me also to read the Amazon/Kindle terms of service:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=200144530

and that is, well, an eye-opener.

2. Wireless Connectivity

...Amazon reserves the right to discontinue wireless connectivity at any time or to otherwise change the terms for wireless connectivity at any time,...

5. General

Changes to Service. Amazon reserves the right to modify, suspend, or discontinue the Service at any time, and Amazon will not be liable to you should it exercise such right.

Now, I suppose this all comes down to legal boilerplate, and there's probably something similar that came with my microwave or TV remote control, just the way things operate in the U.S. these days. Caveat-emptor. But if I had bought a lot of eBooks for my Kindle, only to find it shutdown, whatever the reason, I would be kind of unhappy.