View Single Post
Old 01-04-2012, 08:25 AM   #15
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
Quote:
Originally Posted by liaonet View Post
After many frustrating days and wasted cash I came across these guys;
http://www.unblock-us.com/

It works an absolute treat and is super simple to setup on the Kindle Fire.

I used the free trial and immediately bought a years subscription.

The only drawback is that you need to manually input your il address and dns settings

as their service works by a clever dns server trick.

This is definitely the way to go.

I will try setiing my whole network dns to point to their dns servers later so I can switch the kindle back to using dhcp but till then it works perfectly. :-)

Undoubtedly the best solution.

Could have saved yourself a lot of frustration if you had read my post above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushka View Post
You will need to change the wireless settings to Static and then modify the DNS settings. I have done this successfully. Try unblock-us.com Works a treat and you dont need to touch your router. I now run my PC and Iconia and Fire on these settings and there is no degradation to speed.
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote