View Single Post
Old 02-17-2011, 03:05 AM   #1
birdbrainbb
Addict
birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Paperwhite 5
Free Audiobook - Brighton Rock

An unabridged recording of Graham Greene's Brighton Rock, read by Samuel West, is available for free download here: http://www.audiogo.co.uk/BrightonRock

Summary:
Quote:
'Hale knew, before he had been in Brighton three hours, that they meant to murder him...' So begins 'Brighton Rock', in which a gang war rages through the dark underworld of 1930s Brighton.

Seventeen-year-old Pinkie Brown, malign and ruthless, has killed a man. Believing he can escape retribution, he is unprepared for the courageous, life-embracing Ida Arnold.

Greene's gripping thriller exposes a world of loneliness and fear, of life lived on the 'dangerous edge of things'.

'Brighton Rock' has twice been adapted for film. Richard Attenborough starred as Pinkie in the 1947 version, with Sam Riley and Helen Mirren starring in the 2010 release.

'The most ingenious, inventive and exciting of our novelists... A master of storytelling' - Times

'I read Brighton Rock when I was about thirteen. One of the first lessons I took from it was that a serious novel could be an exciting novel...' - Ian McEwan

'A superb storyteller with a gift for provoking controversy' - New York Times

Samuel West reads Graham Greene's classic gang war thriller - complete and unabridged.
I think it's for UK only? When I tried registering for an account it said the media wasn't available in my area (US), sooo.
birdbrainbb is offline   Reply With Quote