View Single Post
Old 01-23-2009, 03:13 PM   #24
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
What I hate in NVU for example, is the way it just plays around with your code. For example the mobi pagebreak code will be changed without any notice to you. Therefore Kovid's idea with the permanent code view seems like a great idea to me. For advanced users, you could easily do a search and paste over the whole file or files and work a lot faster while still seeing the result of your work in real time.
Hell if you want to able to see exactly what each and every keystroke or action you perform does, that's easy. WYSIWYG editor with a side pane code view that updates the code with each action in the main view pane. That's already in my design document, only the panes are horizontal.

But you should be able to turn off the code view and work in design view exclusively. I don't need to see all of the text duplicated on the screen all of the time.

Last edited by Valloric; 01-23-2009 at 03:16 PM. Reason: whoops
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote