View Single Post
Old 11-14-2008, 04:46 AM   #12
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaurnim View Post
Well, well, Dans Simmons.
I didn't really appreciate Illium and Olympos, though I enjoyed the others a lot.

The description of Silverlock makes me think about The Thursday Next series.
The main character can travel through books, and meets a lot of fictional characters.
After reading those books, I wanted to have a look at Jane Eyre, even if there is a good chance that I won't like it.
I won't give the complete list of references, but here are a few of the characters / books that are mentioned :
- Waiting for Godot
- The trial, by Franz Kafka
- Hamlet
- Wuthering Heights
I like most of what Dan Simmons has written, I did not however like "The Terror", which I personally thought stunk to high heavens and back again. Which is a shame really, since I liked the concept well enough, just not what he did with it.
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote