View Single Post
Old 01-25-2008, 07:35 PM   #8
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by TallMomof2 View Post
The Kindle makes a listing of all your files as long as they are located in the proper folders. Your ebooks would be in the document folder on your SD card. There is also an Audible folder and an MP3 folder for the appropriate files.

HTH
[preface - my Kindle hasn't arrived yet either, so I'm collecting knowledge about how to use it]

Does the above mean that I can put books in a different folder, perhaps future-books and done-books, and they won't clutter the index on my Kindle main screen? I do this with my Palm.

Second question would be - is there a file manager on the Kindle which can move files from the SDcard/document/ folder into SDcard/done-books/ so they stop cluttering my index screen? Or move books from SDcard/future-books/ into SDcard/document/ when I'm ready to read them? Even if there is no file manager, I might be able to put the SDcard into my Palm to do that file moving. That way I could carry a bunch of future books with me, but not see *all* of them until I want to.

So -- would it work the way I've described?
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote