Thread: Broken
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2007, 01:37 PM   #30
kezza
Lowlife of the Party
kezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura about

Device: nook, iphone
Quote:
Originally Posted by KlondikeGeoff View Post
My goodness, kezza, I think you should take a course in 'Not Dropping Things That Break" at your local community college.

Or get rubber floors.
I almost never drop things at home. My blasted ipod spends a lot of time on the floor because the headphone cable will catch on something, yanking it out of my pocket and sending it to the ground. This has happened with every iPod i've owned, and only once did it cause any damage. My poor, sad little 1st gen iPod landed on a carpeted but very hard floor at such an angle, while the hard disk was spinning, that it damaged the disk. It was still usable, as long as you didn't fill it more than about 4gb full. Otherwise it would run into the bad patch and freeze.
I've never, ever had a piece of electronics just fly apart as the 505 did when it fell, and it wasn't even that catastrophic of a drop. As I picked up the pieces I thought, "well, if it had been my iPod that wouldn't have happened!"
kezza is offline   Reply With Quote