View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 11:00 PM   #4
TechniSol
GranPohbah-Fezzes r cool!
TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STRs, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Nice hack. Is there any chance of the raised magnet coming into contact with the screen or stressing the glass substrate of the e-ink screen if the cover is impacted or squeezed? I ask since I'm assuming they bury the magnet flush inside the covers designed for this?

If so, perhaps a "dam" made of layers of felt that surround the magnet with a final layer covering the magnet might help distribute any force over a larger area. A little gel type super glue and you're set. Should add very little to your cost -I bought an about 8.5 x11" sheet of black felt for less than a quarter in WalMart a month or so ago so I could cover the metal bracket on a reading light so it wouldn't scratch my reader's bezel.

Last edited by TechniSol; 12-05-2012 at 11:11 PM.
TechniSol is offline   Reply With Quote